Saturday, September 29, 2007

"LORD, HELP!"

by Debra K. Matthews


I was lost in thought as I drove across the icy freeway overpass. Night was falling as I rounded a bend in the road and suddenly realized I was too close to the person in front of me. The traffic signal turned yellow and the driver ahead of me hit his brakes. I tried to slam my own without locking the wheels, but instantly the truck started sliding. At the same time, I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw the car behind me was tailgating. We had hit our brakes almost at the same time, and were both thrown into a fast slide. There was no way either of us could possibly stop in time.

All I could do was exclaim, "Lord, help!"

To my complete amazement, my truck and the car behind me stopped instantly, at the exact same moment. No sliding to a gradual stop -- no collision -- we both just stopped in that split second of time! God instantly answered the shortest, simplest prayer I had ever prayed, and protected all three of us! He truly is, "Not far from every one of us" and ever ready to help us.

1 comment:

bella21 said...

Excellent! I am so glad to hear no one was harmed. I had a similiar happening once a long time ago, and God answered my quick prayer as well. Though I stopped driving after this incident, I have remained most grateful. Thanks for sharing your story and reminding me of God and his love for us all.